Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pinwheel Door Frame/Wreath

A few posts ago I mentioned I was working on a project that had to do with pinwheels.

Here is the project I was talking about!

I think there was something similar to it on Pinterest. I just did my own thing with it though.

First I found a frame at a thrift store.

Then I took it out back and gave it a couple of coats of this
beautiful aqua colored spray paint.



Since this frame/wreath was for my front door during the summer I chose some really fun, bright colors to make the pinwheels.



Here are some of the pinwheels. My daughter helped me out a bit.


I used glue dots to attach the pinwheels to the frame.


I also cut some triangles out of the paper to make a bunting to hang across the middle of the frame. I sewed rickrack across the triangles.





There isn't a picture of this but I used some lettered stickers and attached them to the triangles.

They spelled out "Welcome".

Sorry I don't have a picture of the frame/wreath hanging on my front door. I KNOW I have a picture of it somewhere. When/if I find it I'll post it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Patrice thanks you for your comments!