Monday, September 14, 2009

Featured Artist Spotlight!

I'm happy to announce the first day of the
Featured Artist Spotlight!
{clap, clap, clap}

We have two special artists today--

Michelle, shop owner of
Michelle's Charm World

and
Diane, shop owner of
Crafty Crocheting



Michelle and I go waaaay back...Okay, not so far... but I've 'known' her for some time on Etsy. In fact, we belong to the same Etsy Team--Eclectic Artisans Team. (Shameless plug....but hey, it's my blog...heehee)

Michelle makes some fun and chunky jewelry. As she says ' If it ain't chunky, it ain't funky!'
It's all very cute and I want to know how to make me some. Do you have any tutorials Michelle???

Oh, one other small fact about Michelle -- she was married at DISNEYLAND {aka Happiest Place on Earth}! Crazy, I know, but we are all envious of her!

Now, on to the show!


Name
Michelle

Location Rockford, Illinois

Etsy Address http://michellescharmworld.etsy.com

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=569654595&ref=profile
Twitter twitter.com/MichellesCharmW

What Etsy Teams do you belong to?
Eclectic Artisans Street Team!


What is your craft?
Jewelry Design and Creation



How did you start doing what you do?
Wearing a Uniform in school stifled my individuality, on the weekends I would take old jewelry and combine it with new pieces and mix it up with garage sale finds and I would have funky, new-to-me Jewelry!

What part of your work do you most enjoy?
The colors! They brighten my day no matter what mood I am in!


What part of your work do you find the hardest?
Production. It's hard for me to churn out new pieces constantly while being a stay at home mom to 3 kids. Between school and after school activities and then family time and time with my husband, I feel like I am just barely doing enough.

Where do you get/find your inspiration?
My kids playrooms. They are bright, cheery and colorful!

What are the three most favorite items in your store right now?{Penny Candy in a Jar}




What is the best advice you have received?
Relax. We sometimes get too uptight and worried about everything, that while worrying and spending time thinking things out we waste even more time. Just relax and enjoy everything.


Next up is Diane with Crafty Crocheting.
She can do some serious crocheting! I know because I've tried my hand at crocheting and can NEVER finish a project. I get so frustrated....Okay, I've made a few scarves but those are easy peasy. You've GOT to take a look at Diane's shop AFTER you've read her Spotlight!

Name Diane

Location Dyer, IN

Etsy Address www.craftycrocheting.etsy.com
Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/craftycrocheting
Artfire www.craftycrocheting.artfire.com

What Etsy Teams do you belong to?

Create Crochet Team
EtsyHookers Team
The INCrowd Team


What is your craft?

My craft is crocheting


How did you start doing what you do?

I learned to crochet from my mom. After many years of working, I had to quit.

I was not used to sitting around after cleaning the house and my mom was just sitting around not really watching t.v. So, I thought since we like to crochet but had no one to make something for, we could just make whatever we wanted and when we got enough we would do craft fairs.

That is how it started. We have been doing craft fairs for about 3 years and then we heard about Etsy. That is when online came into my life.

We would eventually like it if online was our main source of extra income so we would never have to sign up for another craft show. It is to hard on us to get all the displays and set up and take down.
What part of your work do you most enjoy?
Wow, there are actually a few, one crocheting it relaxes me, joining groups and having conversations with other crafters and I really love it when someone says they like your work, I think that is the most rewarding.

What part of your work do you find the hardest?
Easy, promoting, takes alot of time and energy

Where do you get/find your inspiration?
I get my inspiration from my mom, she taught me everything I know. I also watch the market here a little, but basically I try to make different items because everyone is different, one person may like on type of product while another hates it.


What are the three most favorite items in your store right now?

I love the Luxurious Oversized Throw in Nutmeg. The pattern is beautiful.


My second would be the Reversible Cream and Green Lattice Throw
It is large and very pretty and is a great size for anyone. Plus, it would go with everything

And third the Unique Tulip Throw because:


  1. My mom made it
  2. It would not be my style but when I saw it finished I really thought it was pretty.
And it also is truly not a busy pattern in person. It is also great workmanship and took a long time to make it.

What is the best advice you have received?
To be patient. I never have been, I like to see results now, it may be from working outside the home for so long, but I need to relax, enjoy what I am doing and have patience.



Thanks for taking a look at a few of the amazing Etsy Artists! Stay tuned for more creative artists!




1 comment:

  1. Patrice, you won the giveaway on my blog. Yay! Please email me to let me know what item you would like from my Etsy store.

    ~Bekah

    ReplyDelete

Patrice thanks you for your comments!