Friday, September 18, 2009

Fun. Bright. Colorful. Those are the some words that describe the art that today's Feature Artists' create.

First there is Glademade who makes very colorful cards ( in more than one way, I might add :p ). They are very whimsical and creative. Go take a look!

Then we have a fantastic artist who makes things just as I like them.
miniature!
For some reason I go ga-ga over teeny, tiny replicas of real items. So cute! You must also check out Lilly Bug Boutique's one-of-a-kind pens as well!



Name Glade Whitworth

Location Austin, TX

Etsy Store Address www.glademade.etsy.com

Facebook, Twitter, etc. address None

What Etsy groups do you belong to? Team Etsy Austin


What is your craft? I make handmade stitched greeting cards and fabric art and cut-paper art.

How did you start doing what you do?
I started by making holiday cards for my friends (valentine's and Christmas cards). I started the stitched fabric art when i graduated from college and didn't have any art for my bedroom. I wanted to fill the void.

What part of your work do you most enjoy?
I enjoy all of it, I love bright colors, sewing, running my own business, cutting paper, creating something that did not exist before I made it.

What part of your work do you find the hardest?
The hardest part for me is staying organized. I'm a mess-maker!


Where do you get/find your inspiration?
Going to art openings and finding beautiful things on the internet. I also am a member of a sketch club, where me and some friends get together and just draw all night. Talking to other artists, and seeing what they are up to is always inspiring. I just saw the documentary Handmade Nation, and that was inspiring also.


What are the three most favorite items in your store right now?
My favorite items right now are my

What is the best advice you have received?
The best advice I have received for my etsy shop is to keep constantly adding new items to your shop. Shoppers want to see fresh goods!


***************************************************************



Name Christine Lehto

Location Wisconsin

Etsy Address http://lillybugboutique.etsy.com

Facebook, Twitter etc

Blog address http://lillybugblog.com
Facebook fan page http://facebook.com/lillybugboutique
Twitter http://twitter.com/lillybug_boutiq
byhand profile http://byhand.me/lilly_bug

What Etsy teams do you belong to?
Etsy WI team

What is your craft?
sculptures, pins, magnets, Petite Purses, Artful Pens

How did you start doing what you do?
I started doing sculptural work while in college although I did dabble in sculptng with Polymer clay during high school. Currently, most of my sculptural work is done in Apoxie Sculpt.

What part of your work do you most enjoy?
I love thinking of new ideas and painting my pieces, painting is so relaxing and enjoyable, I love color.

What part of your work do you find the hardest?
The hardest part is knowing when to stop, sometimes I want to continue to work on something when I should just say, "stop!"

Where do you get/find your inspiration?
I often get inspiration from nature and from looking at a variety of images from photos to other artist's work.

What are the three most favorite items in your shop right now?
I like my


Recyc-a-lite penguin sculptures that I make using burned out light bulbs,

and my Artful Pens

(because the pens are unique and refillable, you can continue to use a "personalized" pen over and over again). I've always had a pen/writing instrument obsession, so I wanted to design my own unique pen for people to use to sign in my guest book at my senior art exhibit. I designed my pen to reflect my personality and love for ladybugs.

What is the best advice you've received?
Q-TIP = "Quit Taking It Personally"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Patrice thanks you for your comments!