Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Super DE-Duper!

Who wouldn't want to shop at a store with 'Super Duper' in it??? And there are really some super duper things in this shop!

  • I love the originality and uniqueness of each item.
  • I love how Louise takes small items {she calls them 'bits and bobs- how cute is that?} and turns out a incredible piece of art.
  • I love how I can just hear her accent while I read her 'Shop Announcements'.
Now run along and read about Louise and then pop on over to her shop. Bye loves!


Super Duper Things

Name: Louise Evans

Location: Norwich, UK

Etsy Address: www.louloudo.etsy.com

Store name: Super Duper Things

Blogger: http://superduperthings.blogspot.com (I haven't taken the twitter plunge yet!)

What Etsy Teams do you belong to?
I don't currently belong to any Etsy groups, I'd love to join the UK street team as soon as I've got enough time to dedicate to them properly!

What is your craft?
I make jewelry, general accessories, bags and a few homewares - I'll try anything really! I use a mixture of vintage, recycled and new materials to make things with a new lease of life. I like my items to have a sense of humour, or lightheartedness.


What part of your work do you most enjoy?
I've always sort of made stuff, I've made my own jewelry for years, and then one day I realised that it had got to the point where I was making far more things than I or my friends had use for (after all, I've only got one neck!) so I booked a table at a great indie craft market in my home town, and it grew from there.

What part of your work do you find the hardest?
I most enjoy having just got hold of a good collection of vintage bits'n'bobs, and sitting down with my stash to see what I can make of them.



The bit I find hardest is tearing myself away to do my university work when I just want to sew something pretty!
Where to you get/find your inspiration?
I find my inspiration all over the place - on my friends, fashion in general, the original items themselves...

What are the three most favorite items in your shop right now?

This little necklace:

This one too:
And this ring:

What is the best advice you have received?
The best advice I have received is to not keep thinking about 'what can I make that will people buy?' but to just create whatever you love yourself, whatever you'd wear, etc. That way your work is more creative and original.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Patrice thanks you for your comments!